Monday, January 3, 2011

Not to be cliche, but...

Not to be cliche, but it's a new year and that means a lot of new things for us.  This past year has flown by and I, personally, have been like a butterfly floating from one great idea or tangent to another.   I have had very little focus in my life and I've been going thru the motions of roles I'm supposed to have and things I'm supposed to do.  So here I sit, no farther along in my long list of goals as I was a year ago (or maybe 2 years ago).  Now, don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of wonderful things that have happened in the last year, but as far as my personal goals....they've been a stagnant puddle of water collecting all sorts of nasty organisms unknown.


So what's new, you ask....Well, Kurt and I have decided to focus on commitment and contentment.  We are committing to weight loss and healthy living.  We are committed to our debt reduction plan.  We are committed to spending time with the Lord as a family and individually.  We are to be content in where we are and not try to get too far ahead of where God wants us.  We are to be content with each accomplishment, no matter how small.  One way to remind ourselves of this contentment, is the phrase, "All I need, I have in Christ".


So here's to the Pafford's new year!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate...I'm hoping to knock out a goal or two that's i've neglected. I love when focus is stirred! Happy new year to you guys!! I enjoy your liitle blog.

    ReplyDelete