Monday, February 21, 2011

Kroger Coupon Warning....answers?

Okay, so another successful shopping trip.  It was long and made for an even longer day after an ordeal at work.  So before I get to my warning and questions, here's this week's (or two week's) shopping summary....
Total before savings: $130.86
- Kroger Plus Savings - 24.63
- Coupon Savings - $24.45
Total Discount - $49.08 or 37.5%
Total Cost - $81.78


Now here's the warning I have...
According to Kroger's website - Ecoupons (the coupons you add to your Kroger card electronically) are NOT, I repeat NOT, doubled or tripled!!!  I only found this out after looking at my receipt and going online to look at the FAQs


My example: I had a coupon on my card for $.30 off of 2 cans of biscuits.  I had in my hand a clipped $.40 off of 3 cans of biscuits.  I chose to use my $.30 off of 2 cans because when it's tripled, it would have been $.90 off.  Well, they are NOT doubled or tripled.  Now granted, I only lost $.60, but yes, it matters.


Another issue...I think...Here's where I need help.  If I decide I don't want to use the coupon on the card and instead want to use my paper coupon..what do I do?  I bought some things with coupons that I already had ecoupons on my card.  The cashier didn't tell me that I had already used my ecoupon and can't use the paper one, she just kept scanning.  I thought I was watching carefully and it sounded like everything 'beeped' when she scanned.  So, she kept some of my coupons even though I didn't use them!!  OR even though the Kroger website says you can't use both ecoupons and paper coupons, can you??


I feel like this post is VERY jumbled.  I'm still not quite feeling up to par and my nose is raw from sneezing and blowing it.  I hope this makes sense and some of you readers can help clear this up for me!! :-D
Jodi Pafford

1 comment:

  1. My local Kroger’s policy is to triple paper coupons up to 35¢ and double coupons up to 50¢. Anything over $.50 will worth face value. On your recipe under the coupon that was scanned, does it say bonus scan? (Coupon $.30, bonus .$30 or bonus $.60). Another thought...Most Kroger will only double/triple up to 3 like coupons per transaction. I have taken my receipt back in and for correction.

    They just changed their policy with stacking e-coupons with a paper coupon. I don't know how you get around the issue your describing. i ran into the same problem when using paper and e coupons a few weeks ago. It marked me e-coupon as used even though it didn't show up on the receipt. My paper coupon showed up, but not the e coupon. Now, i just use paper coupons unless i don't have a paper coupon for a particular item. Then, i'll load the e coupon. I wish they still let us stack....i got some sweet deals that way. You can still great some great deals if shopping the sales. I'm getting ready to pull my coupons now for this week's trip.

    Not sure if I helped at all....

    I haven't, but keep meaning to ask the store i shop for a copy of their coupon policy.

    I use this website to follow deals on Kroger. http://www.southernsavers.com/
    She also has policy listed and a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdwG72VVJQ

    ReplyDelete